416-979-5000 ext. 2184
Degree in Progress
PhD Clinical Psychology
2014 MA Clinical Psychology, Ryerson University
2012 BA (Honours) Psychology – Research Specialist, Wilfrid Laurier University
Hanna’s research interests are in perfectionism, anxiety, and hoarding. Her doctoral dissertation is investigating perceptual and emotional factors involved in problematic hoarding using virtual reality technology. Her Master’s thesis examined behavioural expressions of perfectionism, including identifying specific behaviours that may be associated with elevated levels of perfectionism, the contexts and domains in which they occur, their interference in daily life, and their emotional consequences. She is also interested in identifying positive and negative beliefs that people have about perfectionism.
Hanna is currently a psychology resident at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton. She has experience in using cognitive-behavioural interventions in the treatment of a variety of disorders, including obsessive-compulsive disorder, social anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, generalized anxiety disorder, depression, bipolar disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, and perfectionism. She also has experience in conducting psychodiagnostic, personality, and cognitive assessment.
2015-2018 Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) – Doctoral Fellowship
2014 Ontario Graduate Scholarship – Doctoral Award
2013 Ontario Graduate Scholarship – Master’s Award
2012 Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) – Master’s Award
- Lima, J., McCabe-Bennett, H., & Antony, M. M. (in press). Treatment of storm fears using virtual reality and progressive muscle relaxation. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy.
- McCabe-Bennett, H., Fracalanza, K., & Antony, M. M. (in press). Treatment of generalized anxiety disorder. In D. David, S. Lynn, & G. Montgomery (Eds.), Evidence-based psychotherapy: The state of the science and practice. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell.
- McCabe-Bennett, H., & Antony, M. M. (2015). Phobias, diagnosis of. In R. McCabe & I. Milosevic (Eds.), Phobias – the psychology of irrational fear: An encyclopedia. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-Clio.
Selected Conference Presentations
- McCabe-Bennett, H., Cassin, C., & Antony, M. M. (2016, October). Perfectionistic behavior profiles for obsessive-compulsive, excessive worry, and social anxiety symptoms. Paper presented at the meeting of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, New York, NY.
- McCabe-Bennett, H., & Antony, M. M. (2015, November). Motivation for perfectionistic behaviours. Paper presented at the meeting of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, Chicago, IL.
- McCabe-Bennett, H., Cassin, S. E., & Antony, M. M. (2015, May). Naturalistic observation of perfectionistic behaviours. Paper presented at the meeting of the Canadian Association of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies, Calgary, AB.
- McCabe-Bennett, H., Shikatani, B., & Antony, M. M. (2014, November). The role of positive beliefs about perfectionism. Paper presented at the meeting of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, Philadelphia, PA.
- McCabe-Bennett, H. I., Antony, M. M., & Cassin, S. (2013, November). Behavioral correlates of perfectionism. Paper presented at the meeting of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, Nashville, TN.